- "Breaking Bad in Bourbon Country: Does Alcohol Prohibition Encourage Methamphetamine Production?" (with Jose Fernandez and Steve Gohmann).
Forthcoming, Southern Economic Journal. Early View
- "The Dynamic Effects of Obesity on the Wages of Young Workers." Economics & Human Biology, 2017.
Final version & abstract
- "Can Changing Economic Factors Explain the Rise in Obesity?" (with Chuck Courtemanche, Chris Ruhm and
George Wehby). Southern Economic Journal, 2016.
- "Adjusting Body Mass for Measurement Error with Invalid Validation Data" (with Chuck Courtemanche and Jay Stewart).
Economics and Human Biology, 2015. Abstract.
- "How Much Do Employers Learn from Referrals?" Industrial Relations, April 2012.
- "A Model of Asymmetric Employer Learning with Testable Implications." Review of Economic Studies, January 2009.
- "A Test of Screening Discrimination with Employer Learning."
Industrial and Labor Relations Review, January 2006.
- "Housing Vouchers and Economic Self-Sufficiency:
Evidence from a Randomized Experiment" (with Jens Ludwig and Greg Duncan). Journal of Public Economics,
vol. 89(1), January 2005. Abstract
- "Annual Measures of Gross Job Gains and Gross Job Losses" (with James Spletzer). Monthly Labor Review, November 2004.
- "Screening Discrimination and the Determinants of Wages."
Labour Economics, vol. 10(6), December 2003. Abstract